The Taz headlight has four settings: high, medium, low, pulse(for daytime use). Cycling through these different functions is easy!
- To turn your light on simply press the power button once. This is your highest setting!
- To cycle through the different lights click the power button once again and your light will go from high, medium, low, to pulse, and repeat.
- To power off your light hold the power button for 1 second.
The secondary button on the Taz (the smaller button behind the power button) is used to change the settings of the side lights. There are three modes for the side lights: on, pulsing, and off. To run through the different modes press the secondary button.
Race mode is designed to allow you to switch between high and low settings without having to cycle between all the other modes (medium and pulse). This is particularly handy and helps conserve your battery when you’re racing and riding between slow and fast speeds.
Travel lockout mode is a way to lock your light off so that it will not accidentally turn on in your bag. This will help to preserve battery life. The lockout mode is crucial with the Taz because of the high lumen output. If the light accidentally turns on in your bag, it can generate enough heat to melt the lens.
When your light is off and unplugged from the charger, press and hold the power button and secondary button at the same time until the indicator light blinks red 3 times. This will activate travel lock out mode. To unlock press and hold the power button and secondary button down at the same time until the indicator light blinks green 3 times. Now your light is ready to be powered on. The indicator light is located in the power button.
LOW BATTERY WARNING
When the battery of your Taz has reached 5-10% the light will flash every three minutes and the indicator light will begin to rapidly flash red.
When your battery is dead, the light will flash for 12 seconds then shut off.
CHARGING YOUR TAZ
- Plug the USB charging cable into an appropriate USB port on your computer or wall adapter.
- Attach the USB cable to the appropriate charging port on your Taz.
- Once the battery is attached to the USB charger, a flashing red, amber, or green LED will illuminate. The LED indicator on the back of the light shows the level of charge.
- When the LED indicator remains a constant green, this shows the battery is fully charged
The Taz will charge from depleted to full in about 4 hours when charging from a 2 amp adapter, 8 hours when charging from a 1 amp adapter, and 14 hours when charging from a 0.5 amp adapter.
INDICATOR DURING CHARGE: INDICATOR DURING DISCHARGE:
0-50%: pulsing red 100-75%: solid green
50-75%: pulsing amber 75-50%: solid amber
75-99%: pulsing green 50-25%: solid red
100%: solid green 25-0%: flashing red
THERMAL MANAGAMENT – TOO HOT
Your light is designed with a thermal management system that will automatically dim if its temperature becomes too high. Once your light cools, it will return to its normal output. Remember, the light cools best if you are moving!
THERMAL MANAGAMENT – TOO COLD
When the battery is cold, its performance and capacity are diminished. Around 32 F, the light will lose around 15% of its capacity (runtime). As temperatures drop further, so will the runtime of the light. Wrapping your light with any type of insulation will improve its runtime in freezing temperatures.
LITHIUM ION BATTERY TIPS
The Lithium-Ion battery contained in your light will power you through many hundreds of rides and will serve you well if you care for it properly. The battery may lose charge slowly over time, and damage can occur if it drains too far, so please follow these simple guidelines:
- Try not to store the battery if its dead. Charge it up after you ride!
- Charge before your ride if it’s been in stored away for a a week or more to get full runtime.
- For long term storage, charge your battery every 6 months.
For long term storage, charge your battery every 6 months.